I've created a list. I'm calling it the 210 List. I'm hoping to cross everything off it in 2010 and in the process, change my life.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekly Update

Again, it didn't seem as if I was doing much last week but for a girl that has a full-time job I managed to do a lot of things that weren't photocopying and, uh, more photocopying. And trust me, there was a lot of that.

But the main thing I did this week was submissions. Although I didn't actually submit a lot (only 3) I did get all the bits and pieces for my brand spanking new full-length play New Light Shine. And there are a lot of bits and pieces. A lot of printing and a lot of thinking about how to write a freaking synopsis for it. So there was that.

I'm still having a lot of problems in balancing things, or how do you get enough time and motivation to do everything you want to do? Answers in 25 words or less please. I did read something on the internet quite a while ago about the top 50 (or something) habits of highly successful people. These were things they all seemed to share in common which astounded me straight off that they had that many things in common but one of them was that no matter what their mood, they always showed up and did the job. This has stuck with me and this is what I am going to try and do this week. No matter the mood, turn up and do the job.
Also, it seems that I tend to lose a lot of time in small increments. A lot of five minute slabs of time go down the drain because what can you do in 5 minutes? I don't know but I think I will have to try and find out. There are so many things that I want to do and accomplish and other people seem to be able to fit a lot more ino their life than I do which leads me to the idea that, uh, perhaps it is me.

I think this week, in an effort to combat the desire to do not much at all I am going to try a few experiments to see if I can get the workrate up.

My first experiment is to use my idle work hours to get submission information for various theatres that I want to send my play New Light Shine to. Because, really, how many times should you look at Facebook every day.

My second experiment is to write in 10 minute slots. I don't have enough time to write for much longer than that and I need to kind of look like I'm working even though I'm not. So ten minutes is a good time.

These are the missions for this week. Procrastination. Consider yourself at war.

No comments:

Post a Comment