I've created a list. I'm calling it the 210 List. I'm hoping to cross everything off it in 2010 and in the process, change my life.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Word of the Week

Although it is nothing but doom and gloom here, there is always a little ray of light when it comes to word of the week. And, drum roll please, is ...

Aetiology.

I know, like, WTF?

Well, turns out, according to dictionary.com it is the same as etiology, which really starts to make you think if someone should really be employed to downsize the English language and cut the fat so to speak. But anyway,

Etiology

1.
Pathology.
a.
the study of the causes of diseases.
b.
the cause or origin of a disease.
2.
the study of causation.
3.
any study of causes, causation, or causality, as in philosophy, biology, or physics.

This really didn't help. Shouldn't it be one or the other, or is that just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment